Funding & Accreditation
The Meyer Center is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization. As a United Way Agency, DHEC Rehab facility, DSS-licensed and NAEYC-accredited child care center, the Meyer Center has formed a unique partnership that generates community-wide support and a diversified funding base.
Approximately 80% of the Center’s annual support and revenue is utilized for program services. Income is generated through the following:
- United Way:
- annual allocation and designated donor contributions
- Program Service Fees:
- school tuition based on a sliding fee scale according to family size and income. However, no child is ever turned away due to their family’s inability to pay.
- Third Party Reimbursements:
- health insurance benefits
- Government Funds:
- Medicaid benefits
- Federal, State and local education funds
- Child and Adult Care Food Program funds for children who qualify